A fire on Bristol Court in Chesapeake Beach damaged a two-story, wood-frame house Saturday, Dec. 9. The one-alarm blaze was reported at 2:52 p.m. The fire was discovered by the homeâ€™s owner.
No injuries were reported, according to a report by Dfm. Howard F. Ewing of the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
The blaze originated in the homeâ€™s kitchen and was accidental, the result of a malfunctioning light fixture, Ewing reported.
Over 30 firefighters from four of Calvertâ€™s volunteer companies and the Naval Research Lab (Company 15) were dispatched to the scene and brought the blaze under control in 10 minutes.
The estimated damage to the house is $100,000, according to Ewing. The fire was investigated by Dfm. Don Brenneman